Dinosaur Eggs were added in the version 2.8.5 update. They are a beige/cream color and have medium sized spots. When hovered upon, the name of the player who laid it and their username will be displayed. It takes a certain amount of time for the eggs to hatch into Al babies. These AI's will grow into an adult before despawning. When dinosaur eggs were first added into the game, like regular AIs at the time, the babies couldn't swim and would drown. AIs still cannot fly, however, Aquatic dinosaur AIs can now swim up. If the AI is a baby and a specific command is given, they can also sink and go back up when told to do so. All of the eggs have the identical design but differ in shapes and sizes.
To lay them, the player must be an adult and must have no more than 3 eggs or babies with the except of the user owning the More Eggs Gamepass. If the player has babies which have died, they cannot lay eggs until the corpses are gone. If all of these requirements have been met, they simply need to press and an egg will appear. Eggs cost 10 hunger to produce and there is also a 15-second countdown between each egg you lay.
Hatching and growing
Each egg takes 180 seconds to hatch if you leave them or can hatch almost instantly. It takes 300 seconds for a baby to grow into a teen and 600 seconds to get to an adult. When they reach adulthood, they will live for up to 1800 seconds before despawning, allowing you to lay another egg.
Commands for AI
- Roar – – Commanding a baby to roam quite literally just makes it act like a normal AI. This means that the baby will not follow you and will simply stay near the area it was given the command in. It will also attack players on a different diet.
- Call – – Pressing the C key will make the player 'call' the baby and make it follow the player. If there are dinosaurs of a different diet near the baby, it will stop following the player and instead try to attack the dinosaur. Although it does follow the player, it is still an AI, meaning it won't move smoothly and will pause every few seconds.
- Growl – – Growling will make the baby stop all movement (attacking, following etc.)
- Sometimes when you lay an egg, it may glitch through the map or get flung under your weight. If the user is playing as something small, they may get flung instead or trip.
- More glitches can be found on the Glitches page.
- When eggs were first added, they could fill your entire hunger bar when eaten.
- When the eggs hatch, the dinosaur within comes out. But it lacks animations.