- Do not vandalize anything on the wiki.
- Do not spam anywhere on the wiki.
- This includes, but is not limited to, posting gibberish, random letters, comments that have nothing to do with the topic that is being commented on, chain messages, "copypastas," scams, and huge blocks of text.
- You must get permission from an admin before creating an article.
- If you create an article with a topic that isn't even relevant, like a complaint about selling hybrids, you will be blocked instead of warned.
- Do not edit other users' profiles.
- Do not harass or bully other users (helpful criticism is fine).
- Do not advertise.
- No explicit sexual material or gore.
- No swearing excessively.
- No hateful or offensive jokes, like something about Nazis (This is not to be confused with "Feather Nazi" material. The Feather Nazis are a group of people, led by admin AnnoyingGardevoir, who educate people about how dinosaurs and their world were really like.).
- Non-admin users should not give warnings to other users. Friendly advice and tips are one thing, but only admins will give out warnings.
- If you see someone breaking rules, tell an admin about it.
- Do not remove admin warnings and block messages from your message wall; such actions will extend your ban.
- Do not create a Message Wall Greeting for yourself, this is only for admins.
- Check your message wall whenever you see a notification for it.
- Do not upload duplicate files.
- Do not upload low-quality files.
- This includes screencaps of gameplay videos as in-game screenshots are much cleaner.
- Do not upload and use dinosaur files on articles without a transparent background.
- This may be done only if a new skin/dino is released and the Wikia doesn't have a clean picture yet. Even then, the non-transparent background picture will only be a placeholder until a proper picture can be added.
Editing Rules and Guidelines
- Read each article in its entirety before editing.
- Do try to be as accurate as possible when editing articles.
- Do your best to use proper grammar.
- Remain objective - use "the player," not "you."
- Do not make the articles redundant.
- Do not add update speculations to articles.
- Do not add unnecessary categories to pages - including your profile, blog posts, etc.
Forum Rules and Guidelines
- All general rules apply to the forums.
- If there is an issue, please contact an admin as soon as possible.
- Avoid adding to a problematic situation by arguing, making a big deal out of it, calling names, and so forth. Doing so may land you in trouble as well.
- Do not fight over who gets to make the next thread in a series of threads, should the previous ones be closed. Anyone can create the next thread.
- If you are roleplaying, please have some common courtesy; e.g. no metagaming, godmodding, puppeteering, etc.
General Ban Guidelines
Vandalism will land you an instant permanent ban.
The admins hold the right to punish rule breakers as they wish. However, besides for serious offenses, a warning will be given first in most cases. After your first warning, you will be blocked no matter who you are. Again, the admins can decide for themselves how long you will be banned for. If you feel you were banned for an unfair amount of time (Ex. You were banned for 6 months for mini-modding), you may leave a message on your wall asking for an appeal, and your case will be looked at again. Just because you appeal, doesn't mean your punishment is being shortened. If the punishment is determined to be reasonable, you may not appeal again and you have to wait out your ban.
Spreading hate about the admins because you were blocked will only get you blocked again.