This is a Temporary Notice added to every Dinosaur article. If this page already has the infobox filled in please ignore this.
- IF YOU WERE LOOKING FOR THE SHARK, GO HERE.
Megalodon is an extinct megalodontid bivalve added in 6.3.0. It was originally a joke created by the dev team for April Fools day since the community demanded the Carcharocles Megalodon, so they added a clam with a similar name.
Note: The shark Carcharocles Megalodon was believed to have most likely never be featured as its own creature because it didn't live in the Mesozoic Period and because Dinosaur Simulator players still have a bunch of other swimming apex predators to worry about (Pliosaurus, Mosasaurus, Elasmosaurus, Megavore, etc.). But then on the Shark week update, it got added in, albeit as a creature that would become limited in a few days.
It is purely white with a spotted texture and has a couple of white, grey and blue pearls inside of its shell. It is very slow, and nearly all of its movement animations involve it spinning.
In Real Life
Megalodon, (giant tooth; not to be confused with the prehistoric shark Carcharocles Megalodon) or Clam, is an extinct genus of small clam that lived from the Early Devonian to the Early Jurassic in Europe, North America, Asia, South America, and Africa. This genus includes several species like M.hungaricum and M.yancey.
- It was incredibly weak and very expensive for something as weak as it, in fact, it died on spawn and was very glitchy when it came out. Since then it has been patched mostly although it is still weak.
- Due to the fact that it is difficult in most cases to get food without starving, because of its extremely low hunger while a baby, and that ithas very low health, the Megalodon cannot take starve damages until adult.
- The name is not to be confused with the extinct genus of otodontid shark Carcharocles Megalodon.
- It is one of the most unpopular animals yet to be featured in Dinosaur Simulator.
- The diamond Megalodon is the easiest available diamond skin to get in the game, only costing dna1,540 in total (dna540 for the Megalodon, and dna1,000 to obtain diamond Megalodon).
- During an update which was going to make Carcharocles Megalodon a limited creature, ChickenEngineer made the wrong Megalodon to be limited. This caused the Bivalve Megalodon to go limited.
- It has the highest Moistness stat out of all of the Aquatic creatures. However, unlike other aquatic creatures, its speed does not slow down on land. Despite this, the Megalodon is still the slowest playable in the game, even more slower than a Barosaurus!